[FLASH-USERS] Noob question on initial test (Sedov) problem...

Adam Reyes adam.reyes at rochester.edu
Tue May 16 13:41:57 EDT 2023

Hi Gary,

Is there anything being generated in the "Makefile.Depend" file? This
should be populated by the  "setup_depends script when called from the
Makefile based on the "use module_name" statements in the source code setup
puts together in the object directory.

An issue I've had in the latest versions of MacOS is that they no longer
provide a "python" executable and only one for "python3". What I've done is
to make a symbolic link to homebrew's "python3" called "python" that exists
somewhere in your PATH. For example:

> ln -s /opt/homebrew/bin/python3 /opt/homebrew/bin/python

Adam Reyes

Code Group Leader, Flash Center for Computational Science
Research Scientist, Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
University of Rochester
River Campus: Bausch and Lomb Hall, 369
500 Wilson Blvd. PO Box 270171, Rochester, NY 14627
Email adam.reyes at rochester.edu
Web https://flash.rochester.edu
 (he / him / his)