[FLASH-USERS] Question about resistivity varying in space

Ernesto Zurbriggen ezurbriggen at unc.edu.ar
Tue Nov 14 10:55:46 EST 2023

Hi all!
I'm carrying out some single fluid resistive MHD runs with constant
resistivity using the
*/MagneticResistivity/MagneticResistivityMain/Constant* unit.
Now I would like to implement a spatially dependent resistivity, but I'm
not sure which is the easiest way without modifying different subroutines
in different units.

The optimal implementation would be to create a new unit that keeps the
structure of the */MagneticResistivity/MagneticResistivityMain/Constant*
unit,
so I didn't have to change anything else in other units. But the problem
with this idea is that the *MagneticResistivity subroutine*,
which calculates the resistivity, has no notion of spatial coordinates. And
to provide this subroutine with the spatial coordinates doesn't seem
obvious.

Another possibility might be to save the resistivity in a scratchcenter
variable, but in this case I couldn't take advantage of the structure of
the */MagneticResistivity/MagneticResistivityMain/Constant* unit.

Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

--

*PhD Ernesto Zurbriggen,*
*Assistant researcher (CONICET)*

*Email: ezurbriggen@ <ernesto.zurbriggen at craam.mackenzie.br>unc.edu.ar
<http://unc.edu.ar/>IP phone: (+54) 351-535 3776 (int. 75601)*
*Instituto de Astronomía Teórica y Experimental (IATE-CONICET), *
*Francisco Laprida sth 922**, X5000BGR, **Córdoba, **Argentina. *