[FLASH-USERS] LaserSlab simulation plasma flux velocity

Hansen, Eddie ehansen at pas.rochester.edu
Wed Oct 18 09:26:39 EDT 2023

Hi Wang,

The checkpoint files (chk) contain all the stored variables that FLASH outputs, while the plot files (plt) contain the subset of variables that are specified in your par file. You can set one or more of the ‘plot_var_’ parameters in your par file to get velocities in the plt files. Their variable names are velx, vely, and velz.

--
Eddie Hansen
Applications Group Leader