[FLASH-USERS] gr_markInRectangle.F90 not accessing all blocks in lnblocks?

Lewis,Sean scl63 at drexel.edu
Fri Sep 8 16:35:48 EDT 2023

Hi all,

I am attempting to use gr_markInRectangle.F90 to define a region outside of which blocks are forced to derefine. This is different from the original use of gr_markInRectangle, but even before modification I am not sure if the subroutine has access to all blocks.

gr_markInRectangle loops over all blocks and is called by Grid_markRefineSpecialized.F90 which I call from Grid_markRefineDerefine. To check if gr_markInRectangle is in fact looping over all blocks, I print out “lnblocks” within the subroutine. In doing this, I only ever see block IDs 1-20 each FLASH cycle despite there being >1500 blocks. The initial grid has ~500 blocks and I have set the “contained” parameter in gr_markInRectangle such that any overlap should trigger a refinement flag change. But, I do not see the refinement flag changes reflected in the Rectangle defined, adding to my suspicion that all blocks are not being looped over.

Has anyone successfully used gr_markInRectangle or have some advice on further diagnostics?

-Sean