[FLASH-USERS] How to make laser ignore hydro boundary conditions

胡艳菲 huyanfeii at 163.com
Wed Apr 10 04:32:38 EDT 2024

Dear Flash users,

I encountered some problems in the simulation of the 3D in 2D Laserslab model based on cylindrical coordinates  and wanted to do plasma simulation in a closed chamber filled with air pressure.The problems encountered are as follows:

I tried to set up a closed chamber, but it didn't work. I want the hydro boundary to be a closed environment, but the laser can still enter the boundary and interact with the target. I see that if I want to set the hydro boundary condition to "reflect", that is, set "xr_boundary_type = "reflect", yl_boundary_type = "reflect",yr_boundary_type = "reflect", We can use the run parameter "ed_ignoreBoundaryCondition_n" to make the laser ignore boundary conditions, but I added the code "ed_ignoreBoundaryCondition_1=.true." in the.par file, and it didn't take effect. The laser still does not enter the calculation area through the boundary.

I want to know how to make the code for "ed_ignoreBoundaryCondition_1=.true." work. Whether to modify other files. If anyone knows, please let me know, I would appreciate it.

All the best,

Yanfei Hu