[FLASH-USERS] Model resonant laser absorption at critical density

Reyes, Adam adam.reyes at rochester.edu
Tue Apr 30 04:02:10 EDT 2024

Hi Leonard,

There isn’t a capability existing in FLASH to do what you describe, but it shouldn’t be too difficult to implement. You could implement a modification of the inverse Bremsstrahlung rate that should accomplish what you want (if I’ve understood you correctly). You can copy "source/physics/sourceTerms/EnergyDeposition/EnergyDepositionMain/Laser/LaserUtilities/ed_inverseBremsstrahlungRate.F90” into your simulation directory and customize it to your heart’s desire.

I would be interested to know if you’re able to find success with something like this!

Adam Reyes

Code Group Leader, Flash Center for Computational Science
Research Scientist, Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
University of Rochester
River Campus: Bausch and Lomb Hall, 369
500 Wilson Blvd. PO Box 270171, Rochester, NY 14627
Email adam.reyes at rochester.edu
Web https://flash.rochester.edu
 (he / him / his)