[FLASH-USERS] [EXT] Code crash when moving to an AMD based machine

Haakon Andresen haakon.andresen at astro.su.se
Tue Apr 30 05:28:40 EDT 2024

It does not happen with a uniform grid, this is also consistent with the fact that it does not happen at any

of the blocks where there is no refinement boundary.

It actually seems to happen at the first refinement boundary, there is nothing else special about that location.

It happens right after the initialization is done. The code gets into the hydro solver, where it needs to fill some guard cells,

and during the guard-cell filling it crashes at the first refinement boundary it encounters.  The guard cells are filled

appropriately at the other end of the block, ie the end not near the refinement boundary.

I fully agree with your assessment, it looks like an uninitialized value or a division by zero. The question is then,

where this this come from?

Best,
Haakon