[FLASH-USERS] how to output MASS_SCALAR variable data

Slavin, Jonathan jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Jan 17 13:09:31 EST 2024

Hi,

I'm interested in using a MASS_SCALAR variable to track mixing of material
in a simulation. I understand that I need to declare it in my simulation
Config file:
MASS_SCALAR varname
and then I can access it as:
solnData(varname_MSCALAR,i,j,k) = ...
However, it's unclear to me how to make it so that that data is output to
the plot files. Presumably I need to put something in flash.par but it
doesn't seem like it should be plot_var_x = varname

Any help would be appreciated.

Jon

--
Jonathan D. Slavin (he/him)
Astrophysicist - High Energy Astrophysics Division