[FLASH-USERS] How to extract data from HDF5 output and plot linear profiles

Reyes, Adam adam.reyes at rochester.edu
Mon Jan 29 10:55:15 EST 2024

Hi Mattia,

For an all python solution you should be able to adapt this snippet <https://flash.rochester.edu/pipermail/flash-users/2023-October/004159.html> from Lee Ellison using yt to do what you want. Alternatively you can save a 1D lineout from visit as “CURVE2D” and it will be saved as text columns.
Adam Reyes

Code Group Leader, Flash Center for Computational Science
Research Scientist, Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
University of Rochester
River Campus: Bausch and Lomb Hall, 369
500 Wilson Blvd. PO Box 270171, Rochester, NY 14627
Email adam.reyes at rochester.edu
Web https://flash.rochester.edu
 (he / him / his)