[FLASH-USERS] [FLASH-BUGS] FLASH4.5 and HDF5 1.8.16

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Wed Dec 13 14:25:54 EST 2017

On Tue, 12 Dec 2017, Yingchao Lu wrote:

> Hi Klaus,
>
> I tried to build and run lasslab problem in FLASH4.5. The HDF5 version I
> used is 1.10.0-patch. I got the error as attached.

Yingchao,

Thank you for reporting this, and in particular for providing all the
helpful information (log file, standard output, setup call, and
Makefile.h)!

It appears that the adaptation in FLASH 4.5 to work with 1.10.x was not
complete, and the statement

 | FLASH now works correctly with HDF5 versions 1.10.x.

is, unfortunately, not entirely true.

I am working on a patch, which I hope to share soon.