[FLASH-USERS] Flash 3.0 I/O footprint question.

Kyu Hyung, Lee kyuhyung.lee at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 17:10:41 EDT 2007

Hello all,

I have one question about Flash 3.0 application.
Actually I'm a computer science guy working in system field, so I'm not
familiar with Flash application or other scientific applications.
My current project needs scientific application I/O trace.. So, I choose
Flash 3.0 for that.

My question is why Flash 3.0 is only access very small portion of file each
request? (less than 40bytes usually).
Attatched is trace file from Flash 3.0 (it is collected by strace in linux.)

Is this normal or am I doing wrong?
If this is normal, is there any way to make bigger I/O request?

Thanks.