[FLASH-USERS] Tecplot

Artur Gawryszczak gawrysz at camk.edu.pl
Wed Apr 2 01:11:17 EDT 2008

Hi Mark,

On środa, 2 kwietnia 2008, Mark Miesch wrote:
> [...] I'm only using two spatial dimensions but apparently the output
> arrays are 4D, at least according to Tecplot.

The arrays are 4D because they always contain 3D data (in your case 3rd
dimension has only single cell) and additional dimension counts blocks.

> Is there an easy way around this?

If your grid does not use AMR then you may read hdf5 file and assemble an
uniformly spaced 2D array using top-level blocks. See source of sfocu tool
how to do simple reading. You'll also need to understand 'gid' array
(explained in the manual for FLASH). If you use AMR then things aren't that
easy and you must decide how to handle non-uniformity of the grid caused by
resolution changes.

Alternatively you may try to make a sub-unit in I/O tree that will produce
desired 2D output.

--
Cheers,
        Artur