[FLASH-USERS] Tecplot

Tomasz Plewa tomek at scs.fsu.edu
Wed Apr 2 08:24:25 EDT 2008

Mark, Artur -

There is FLASH-Tecplot format converter available in FLASH2 distribution:

      $FLASH_ROOT/tools/flash2tec

I have no experience with using it, but it was extensively used in the
Center's work in the past and some of its users might still be around
to help.

Cheers -

Tomek
--
School of Computational Science, DSL 443       ph:  850.644.1959
Florida State University                       fax: 850.644.0098

Artur Gawryszczak wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> On środa, 2 kwietnia 2008, Mark Miesch wrote:
>> [...] I'm only using two spatial dimensions but apparently the output
>> arrays are 4D, at least according to Tecplot.
>
> The arrays are 4D because they always contain 3D data (in your case 3rd
> dimension has only single cell) and additional dimension counts blocks.
>
>> Is there an easy way around this?
>
> If your grid does not use AMR then you may read hdf5 file and assemble an
> uniformly spaced 2D array using top-level blocks. See source of sfocu tool
> how to do simple reading. You'll also need to understand 'gid' array
> (explained in the manual for FLASH). If you use AMR then things aren't that
> easy and you must decide how to handle non-uniformity of the grid caused by
> resolution changes.
>
> Alternatively you may try to make a sub-unit in I/O tree that will produce
> desired 2D output.
>
> --
> Cheers,
>         Artur