[FLASH-USERS] c12 vs C12

Lynn Reid lynnreid at flash.uchicago.edu
Wed Dec 10 14:41:34 EST 2008

Hi Beatrice:

Thanks for letting us know about the problem with inconsistent
capitalization throughout plot and checkpoint files.  We can attack the
problem on three fronts:

1) For your short term problems, obviously you can possible edit the
HDF5 files with a hex editor and change "C12" to "c12".  But I'm sure
that will get tedious quickly.
2) The FLASH developers will fix the problem and release a patch so that
variables are consistently named.
3) Our Visit liason, Randy Hudson, will work on creating a patch for
Visit so that it is case-insensitive to variable names.

We'll let the community know when the fixes to (2) and (3) above are ready.

Lynn

Dr. Lynn B. Reid                lynnreid at uchicago.edu
Scientific Programmer, ASC Flash Center, RI473
University of Chicago, IL USA 60637
+1-773-702-0624
Don't anthropomorphize computers.  They don't like it.