[FLASH-USERS] Problem in installing Flash View

Tomasz Plewa tomek at scs.fsu.edu
Wed Jan 30 13:13:55 EST 2008

M.A. -

You may want to report VisIt freez to the visit mailing list. We have
experience the same problem here running on CentOS 4.5 and 5.x
machines (Intel and AMD).

VisIt works all right in 1D, yes.

Tomek
--
School of Computational Science, DSL 443       ph:  850.644.1959
Florida State University                       fax: 850.644.0098

M.A. Latife wrote:

> Hi
> Dear all,
> i am using visit 1.7.1 but problem is that my machine gets stuck when i
> am using visit. i have tested it on other machines as well, same
> problem occurs. when only visit is running and all other applications
> are closed then it is fine but when i start other applications then
> machine(which i use) gets stuck.
> Is it good for line plots?
>
> I am interested in visualizing one dimensional data (flash output Data
> for 1-d spherical geometry)
> According to your advice i am going to use VisIt.
> i have still this problem in installing Flash view.
>
> from /Users/users/latife/Data/flashview/FlashView/GUI.h:5,
> from /Users/users/latife/Data/flashview/FlashView/App.h:6,
> from /Users/users/latife/Data/flashview/FlashView/Main.C:4:
> /Users/users/latife/Data/flashview/FlashView/Visualizer.h:5:26: error:
> vtkInputPort.h: No such file or directory
> /Users/users/latife/Data/flashview/FlashView/Visualizer.h:6:27: error:
> vtkOutputPort.h: No such file or directory
> /Users/users/latife/Data/flashview/FlashView/Pipebranch.h:628:
> error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘vtkOutputPort’ with no type
> /Users/users/latife/Data/flashview/FlashView/Pipebranch.h:628:
> error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token
>
> cheers
> M.A.Latif
>
> Randy Hudson wrote:
>>
>> I'm currently testing flashview and preparing to commit the latest
>> version, which uses visprep instead of flashhdf.
>>
>> Brad Gallagher wrote:
>>> M.A. ,
>>>
>>> The "hssize_t" type was deprecated sometime in the hdf5 1.6.x
>>> series, so one way to fix this would be to edit flashhdf5.C and
>>> change all types of "hssize_t" to "hsize_t" , this should allow
>>> FlashView to compile against a 1.6.x hdf5 library. I'll look into
>>> getting this changed in the release distribution. Thanks for
>>> pointing this out and please let us know if you still have problems.
>>>
>>> --Brad

> believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.