[FLASH-USERS] Question about star formation using FLASH

Robert Fisher rfisher at flash.uchicago.edu
Thu Jan 31 17:56:07 EST 2008

To elaborate upon what John has stated, star particles like those you have
described have not been implemented into FLASH. However, FLASH does
support active, gravitating particles, so the addition of such a feature
would be relatively straightforward -- the algorithm has already
been fully laid out, for instance in Krumholz et al (2004) --

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2004ApJ...611..399K

I am certain your colleague could obtain assistance where needed from
both the FLASH code group and the user community.

   Best wishes,

   Bob