[FLASH-USERS] undefined references in Simulation_init during linking

Ken Dere kdere at gmu.edu
Sat Jul 5 17:00:49 EDT 2008

I am trying to set up a new problem that bombs when I get to the link
stage.  I get the following:

Simulation_init.o: In function `simulation_init_':
Simulation_init.F90:(.text+0xa): undefined reference to
`__simulation_data_MOD_simgamma'
Simulation_init.F90:(.text+0x1e): undefined reference to
`__simulation_data_MOD_simgdirec'
Simulation_init.F90:(.text+0x32): undefined reference to
`__simulation_data_MOD_simgvector'

plus a few more like this

this comes from calling, in Simulation_init

  call RuntimeParameters_get('gamma',  simGamma)

  call RuntimeParameters_get('grv_direc',  simGdirec)
  call RuntimeParameters_get('grv_vector'  ,simGvector)

simGamma is defined in Simulation_data.

I am able to compile and link the sample programs that I have tried and
I just don't see what I am doing wrong.

suggestions are welcomed.

best regards,

Ken Dere