[FLASH-USERS] Strange abort condition with Particles

Chris Daley cdaley at flash.uchicago.edu
Wed Oct 29 16:55:17 EDT 2008

Hi Josef,

I'm interested to know how many processors you are using, and the
dimensionality of your simulation?  Someone at the FLASH center
actually reported the exact same problem this morning.  We are going
to look at the problem tomorrow when he returns.  In his case, the
problem occurred at a large scale (4096 processors).  If you have a
smaller scale problem that reproduces the problem then that would be
very useful for me.

I'm very surprised about the original error message you receive.  This
abort is triggered from an assertion about neighboring processor IDs.
The actual value is obtained from a PARAMESH data-structure, so
perhaps in some situation I'm accessing the incorrect index in this
structure?

I'll keep you updated.

Chris