[FLASH-USERS] VisIt with many AMR levels

Brian O'Shea oshea at msu.edu
Thu May 7 12:09:03 EDT 2009

Hi Sean,

I can't speak to the FLASH issues directly, but we ran into this with
Enzo simulations and VisIt a couple of years ago.  The primary problem
was that VisIt only kept track of position values using 32-bit
precision, and that when using many levels of AMR the code can no
longer adequately track the position of grids.  I'm not sure if this
is still true about VisIt, but it certainly sounds like it is.
Perhaps this particular issue would be resolved more quickly if you
sent it to the VisIt mailing list?

Regards,
Brian