[FLASH-USERS] parameters changes allowed on restart?

Andrew Szymkowiak andrew.szymkowiak at yale.edu
Tue Nov 24 15:52:41 EST 2009

John ZuHone wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> Restarting with parameters changed should work... however, if you want to change the minimum timestep you need to change "dtmin" instead of dtmax. dtmax will put a ceiling on your timesteps, forcing them to be *less* than a certain value but dtmin will force them larger than a certain value.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I did not want to set the minimum, since I
wanted it to be able to float down  to what the hydro conditions/CFL
needs at the moment, but be able to float up so  I can cover  long times
without using up all my budget.   I'll try a run setting the dtmin to be
the old dtmax + epsilon...