[FLASH-USERS] unrecognized changes to eos routine

Bastian Arnold bastian.arnold at univie.ac.at
Wed Oct 7 04:46:00 EDT 2009

Dear Flash users,

I am Bastian, relatively new to Flash, and I am using version 3.1. There
is the following problem I cannot entangle so far:

I have set up a gas cloud (with several species, i.e. including
multigamma) in pressure equilibrium with the ambient medium. For that
purpose, I needed to change the Eos.F90 routine, such that a
temperature-dependent mean molecular weight is calculated by an external
routine. Everything is fine after Simulation_initBlock.F90 has finished
and BEFORE Eos_wrapped.F90 is applied to the initial block. But
afterwards, i.e. from the initial plot file on, the pressure is not
consistent with a temperature-dependent mean molec. weight, but instead as
it would be after applying the default Eos.F90 routine. It seems to me,
that Eos_wrapped.F90 (which calls Eos.F90) does not recognize my changes
to Eos.F90.

To overcome the problem I have commented the call to Eos_wrapped.F90 in
routine gr_expandDomain.F90 (since I have AMR enabled). Now the pressure
values in the first plot file are fine, but from the second plot file on
the problem is still present.

So can anyone provide me an idea how I can make a consistent change to
Eos.F90, such that Eos_wrapped.F90 realizes this change?

Thanks in advance for any helpful guess!

Regards,
Bastian