[FLASH-USERS] Weak scaling vs Strong scaling of FLASH benchmark?

Fei Meng fmeng at ncsu.edu
Sun Apr 4 15:30:25 EDT 2010

Hi Anshu,

Thanks for your reply.

I read the source code and found the "io_writeData.F90" controls the
checkpoint file to be a fixed size(for Sod default configuration). I found
every process/node is sending data back to the head node, but I don't know
how the head node could control the checkpoint file size to be constant.
Also when I run over 400 nodes in Sod default configuration, it returns
"MPI_Barrier" error to me.

I am very interested in how to configure the benchmark to be weak scaling. I
would appreciate it very much if you could give me more insight of the
architecture/data flow of the benchmark.

Thansk again.

Fei Meng
Department of Computer Science
North Carolina University