[FLASH-USERS] ERROR After calling Eos

Sean Lynch sean.m.lynch at drexel.edu
Fri Aug 27 10:50:59 EDT 2010

> I notice that your densities are smaller than smlrho, which is used as a
> floor value for densities in various places in the code.  You should
> probably give the smlrho runtime parameter a value that is smaller than
> tha smallest density value you expect to see in your domain.  Also
> check other small* runtiem parameters.
>
> I don't know whether at has anything to do with the error below.

I put in a smlrho runtime parameter, and yes it did not fix the problem.

> So this is happening at a point when only one block exists, a root block
> (of 8 by 8 cells) covering your entire domain.  Simulation_initBlock has
> been called on this block #1 (also from gr_expandDomain), right before the
> Eos_wrapped call.
>
> Does your Simulation_initBlock perhaps not handle this correctly,
> because it does not expect to be invoked on such a coarse block?
>
> If the above does not help, check whether the content of the block is as
> expected BEFORE the 'call Eos' in Eos_wrapped - put some print statements
> in Eos_wrapped (is suggest between 'call Eos_getData' and 'call Eos'),
> etc.

The values after Eos_getData and before the call to Eos are the same as what is listed in the error (produced right after, during the call to Eos_putData). So I'm assuming the problem is in the Simulation_initBlock.

Can you give me a little more direction on how to make sure Simulation_initBlock is handling this correctly? I'm not sure I understand why this subroutine would "not expect to be invoked on such a coarse block."

If it helps, I used the Sod simulation as a model for writing my Simulation_initBlock.

Thanks again for your time.