[FLASH-USERS] Destroying particles

Seyit Hocuk seyit at astro.rug.nl
Tue Aug 31 10:22:10 EDT 2010

Dear Community,

I have a simple question, one that we discussed before, I think.

Here goes:
If you have a certain amount of particles, and want to reduce/destroy
some of them during simulation, what is the best approach to do this. I
alwas was placing them outside the box (negative x,y,z-positions),
however, this causes occasional crashes (coming from
"pt_mapFromMeshWeighted" line 146), and running in debug mode already
was showing this. I think that putting 0 mass is also not a good solution.

Is there any other way?

Kind regards,
Seyit