[FLASH-USERS] QuickFlash Interpolation Question

John ZuHone jzuhone at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Feb 17 14:08:48 EST 2010

Sam,

Visit's manuals are frightfully outdated (at least the ones online), but I think that you are still correct. One can always do a resample using visit but to regrid something uniformly to be put into something else is another matter (which might be still possible but more difficult).

As Nathan was talking about (at least I think this is what he's talking about), in QuickFlash there are some examples of sub-sampling to a uniform grid, particularly in examples/map_uniform, which samples to a  2D uniform mesh. This of course has the associated problems he talked about with the refinement boundaries, but should work fine for some things where this is not a huge issue.

I have taken this routine and expanded it somewhat to include sampling to a 3D mesh, which I can provide for you if this is something that may be useful.

Best,

John Z