[FLASH-USERS] QuickFlash Interpolation Question

Randy Hudson hudson at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 17 20:09:44 EST 2010

Sam,

After you use visit's resample operator on the pseudocolor plot, you
can use "File -> Export database ..." to save the uniform grid -- with
as many of your variables as you want -- to a file of any of several
formats.

The documentation doesn't say, though, whether the resample operator
interpolates.

On Feb 17, 2010, at 1:08 PM, John ZuHone wrote:

> Sam,
>
> Visit's manuals are frightfully outdated (at least the ones online),
> but I think that you are still correct. One can always do a resample
> using visit but to regrid something uniformly to be put into
> something else is another matter (which might be still possible but
> more difficult).
>
> As Nathan was talking about (at least I think this is what he's
> talking about), in QuickFlash there are some examples of sub-
> sampling to a uniform grid, particularly in examples/map_uniform,
> which samples to a  2D uniform mesh. This of course has the
> associated problems he talked about with the refinement boundaries,
> but should work fine for some things where this is not a huge issue.
>
> I have taken this routine and expanded it somewhat to include
> sampling to a 3D mesh, which I can provide for you if this is
> something that may be useful.
>
> Best,
>
> John Z
>
> On Feb 17, 2010, at 1:53 PM, Samuel Friedman wrote:
>
>> Dear Tomek,
>>
>> I just looked at VisIt and it does not appear to satisfy my needs.
>> In
>> short, I need to generate a uniform grid of the data.  If you know
>> how to
>> do this with VisIt, I'll listen; I looked through VisIt's manuals and
>> there is no mention about it in the manuals.
>>
>> Sam

Randy.