[FLASH-USERS] QuickFlash Interpolation Question

Randy Hudson hudson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Feb 18 16:35:00 EST 2010

Sam,

Resample is documented at https://wci.llnl.gov/codes/visit/1.5/VisItUsersManual1.5.pdf
, and in visit's onboard manual (probably the same text).

The python interface manual is at https://wci.llnl.gov/codes/visit/1.4.1/PythonInterface1.4.1.pdf
.  If that doesn't suffice, you might learn more from the Command
window (selectable from the Control menu), which shows the python
calls that implement what you're doing in the visit GUI.

You submit a python script to visit by running "visit -cli -s
<scriptname>", and you can loop through multiple files in a script.

On Feb 18, 2010, at 1:06 PM, Nathan Hearn wrote:

> Hi Sam,
>
>    For automation, you might want to look at the Python interface for
> VisIt.  It has been a while since I have used it, but I don't remember
> it being very difficult.  (As I recall, the session files that you can
> save in VisIt often have a bit of Python code that you can reference.)
> Such a script can be run from the command line without requiring the
> GUI to load.
>

> - Nathan
>

> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 08:22, Samuel Friedman <friedman at astro.wisc.edu
> > wrote:
>> Dear Randy,
>>
>> Where would the documentation for resample be?  Also, can this be
>> done
>> through some kind of command line interface?  I don't want to select
>> manually "File -> Export" many times (which I need to do).
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sam

Randy.