[FLASH-USERS] Problem with xflash3

Alexander Wagner alexander.y.wagner at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 10 09:07:02 EDT 2010

Hi Latif,

I've used xflash3 on 512^3 data sets and it's fast, but I don't have
particles, so that's probably the reason. I can't help you with xflash3,
but you may want to move on to QuickFlash or VisIt for future work. For
example QuickFlash's slicer is super fast. It offers many other API and
Nathan Hearn, the author, is on this list. VisIt is a heavier, but
gui-assisted and easy-to-use tool. It's FLASH hdf5 reader has been
significantly improved in the current release version (2.0.0). I
recommend having a look at both.

Best wishes,
Alex