[FLASH-USERS] read FLASH hdf5 with C++

Nathan Hearn nhearn at ucar.edu
Tue May 4 12:03:03 EDT 2010

Hi Silvia,

    I have written an interface to Flash HDF5 AMR files as a C++
library called QuickFlash, which is available at

http://quickflash.sourceforge.net

It also includes a Python interface to the essential functions within
the library.  QuickFlash supports on-demand block loading with caching
and buffers, so it is fast and uses a fairly small amount of memory,
even for many-gigabyte datasets.

    I should note that, while QuickFlash can be used to easily extract
values to build a uniform mesh, there are no mesh interpolation
routines at this time.  (Currently, I am trying to develop a general
interface to allow different means of handling fine-course grid
transitions.)  The version available on the SourceForge downloads page
is a bit old, but I should have a new one with better documentation
and more features soon.

- Nathan

--
Nathan C. Hearn, Ph.D.
nhearn at ucar.edu

Project Scientist
Computational & Information Systems Laboratory