[FLASH-USERS] Localizing

Anshu Dubey dubey at flash.uchicago.edu
Mon Aug 8 14:58:11 EDT 2011

Dear Gabriel,

There is no such interface in the code, but it would be easy to build. We
can include such
a function in the next release, and can send you the patch earlier if you
want. It seems
that you are using FLASH2 though, if you are just getting started with FLASH
would strongly recommend using FLASH3 or FLASH4, they are far more robust
and supported.

Anshu

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 7:39 AM, "Gabriel A. Añorve-Zeferino" <
ganorve at ita.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a flash-'rookie' question. Given a point p defined by the triplet
> (x,y,z), where x,y,z  are in physical units,  is there a straightforward
> intrinsic way (FLASH function or  algorithm) to get the cell (zone) that
> contains p?  And for that sake, if a have a path P defined as a set of
> successive points {p1,p2,p3,...} is there a way to know the cell crossed by
> the path? I know that if a have the cell or block id, I can use for instance
> dBaseGetCoords  to get p(x,y,z), I just want to know if the 'inverse'
> function exists.
>

> I have already  implemented a custom solution for this and works fine,  but
> I am just wondering if there  already exist something in FLASH that might
> have been wisely  and extensively tweaked for such task by the FLASH
> developers/experienced users.
>
> Best Regards,
> Gabriel Añorve

Anshu Dubey
Associate Director and CS/Applications Group Leader          5747 S. Ellis
Avenue 3rd Flr.
Flash Center for Computational Science                                773
834 2999 (office)
Fellow, Computation
Institute                                                  312 420 0033
(mobile)
University of Chicago and Argonne National Laboratory        773 834 3230
(fax)