[FLASH-USERS] MHD staggered mesh (Flash4a)

Seyit Hocuk seyit at astro.rug.nl
Mon Aug 15 05:04:24 EDT 2011

Dear All,

I have a question. I've attached some images generated from a Flash4 USM
(MHD) simulation and it seems that the magnetic pressure is a bit weird.
This happens from the very beginning of the simulation. Is this a known
problem or a bug? Sometimes the velocities increase rapidly in the
problematic regions, crashing the simulation, and I think that this
'magp' is the cause. The problem occurs in the wake of an orbiting
cloud. Switching to Balsara method for prolongation didn't help.

Kind regards,
Seyit

Attached are the images of magnetic pressure (6), absolute velocity (7),
and number density (8). Contours of density is overplotted in each image.