[FLASH-USERS] fidlr3 problems: scratch vars and 16+ levels

Massimo Gaspari gaspmax at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 11 12:25:58 EST 2011

Hi all,
I have two problems with fidlr3:1) I have set 3 SCRATCHVAR and the data are correctlywritten to plt_cnt (and chk) files (using plot_grid_var_). However fidlr3 does not seemto recognize those variables, showing only normal vars and tracer.How can I visualize scratch vars?(By the way, what is the difference between SCRATCHVAR and SCRATCHCENTERVAR?With the latter, the scratch vars are not written to any output files)
2) Using 16 AMR levels and with any boxsize (obviously never the full box, due to theimpossible memory requirement), fidlr3 crashes and always complains about limits(e.g. min limit should be lesser than max limit, etc..), but the reduced size and memory is ok (e.g. a simulation with a full box equal the reduced size and with less levels isnormally plotted by xflash3).Does xflash3 work with 16 more levels? Is there a fix?

Thank you in advance!

Max