[FLASH-USERS] Unsplit MHD Solver PPM problem

Samuel Friedman friedman at astro.wisc.edu
Tue Feb 22 11:42:13 EST 2011

Dear FLASH,

I'm running simulations with magnetized shocks and I wanted to try using
the higher order solvers in the unsplit MHD solver.  FLASH3.3 includes a
3rd order PPM solver.  I set up my problem in 2D Cartesian coordinates
(using AMR) and the simulation crashes after about 60 timesteps.

I run the same simulation with the 2nd order MUSCL-Hancock solver and the
simulation runs no problem.  I tried playing around with various flags,
but nothing seemed to help.  Any ideas / suggestions?

Sam