[FLASH-USERS] Temperature undershooting problem

Latif latife at astro.rug.nl
Tue Jan 4 15:07:25 EST 2011

Hi
Dear all,
Wishing  a happy new year to you all!
I am doing cosmological simulations (including cosmology, hydro,
gravity, particles, EOS, multi species, cooling) using FLASH3.2 (3.3 as
well). I have a  problem  that i get undershoots in temperature for few
zones.  I have tried some options by using different run time parameters
for hydro module (like using HLLE solver, Godunov method, some other
parameters as mentioned in run time parameters list) but they don't
help.  I normally use splitting method, i tried unsplit method with
latest FLASH version but it seems  it does not work for me.  I do get
warnings during refinement like "WARNING after amr_prolong: min.
unk(EINT_VAR)=53948129.70756026".  I have attached density-temperature
phase diagram as an example. Has any body experienced same problem? What
could be the possible cause of temperature undershooting? Any ideas how
to avoid these undershoots ? Your response will be highly appreciated.
Cheers
Latif