[FLASH-USERS] Using guard cell corners... bad?

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Fri Mar 4 10:28:00 EST 2011

On Thu, 3 Mar 2011, Aaron Jackson wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> Thanks for the help... Currently, though diagonals are set to true, as far as
> I can tell. In the amr_runtime_parameters.dump file from my simulation,
> diagonals is set to true. The issue isn't that the corner cells aren't being
> filled, it just seems that they're being filled from extrapolating information
> in the edge-adjacent neighbors rather than being copied/prolonged/restricted
> with data from the diagonally-adjacent neighbor. So the data is there, it's
> just not correct. [...]

Aaron,

I just want to confirm that, in FLASH, 'diagonals' is always left to
the default value of .TRUE.

Filling of corner cells by 'extrapolating information in the edge-adjacent
neighbors' should never happen in the interior of the domain.

If you can construct a simple test case that demonstrates wrong behavior,
we will want to look into this as a bug.