[FLASH-USERS] Restarting with magnetic fields

dongwook at flash.uchicago.edu dongwook at flash.uchicago.edu
Mon May 16 15:23:27 EDT 2011

Hi Aaron,

I don't think it is a general behavior of the unsplit solver.
Do you have any customized Driver_* routines?

To test a correct restart behavior, can you try a restart test
using another example? You can easily setup OrszagTang MHD
problem using:

./setup magnetoHD/OrszagTant -2d -auto +usm

The default setup will produce 5 checkpoint files and you can
try restarting from one of them (e.g., checkpoint file 3) and
compare with checkpoint file 5.

Dongwook

Dongwook Lee, Ph.D., Research Scientist
FLASH Center for Computational Science