[FLASH-USERS] FW: [Paramesh-users] Cylindrical coordinates, guard cell filling

Flashadm flashadm at flash.uchicago.edu
Wed Nov 9 09:51:17 EST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Gross, Markus" <markus.gross at metoffice.gov.uk>
To: <paramesh-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 11:55:28 -0000
Subject: [Paramesh-users] Cylindrical coordinates, guard cell filling
Hi,

Just looking at paramesh for cylindrical/spherical coordinates I noticed
that, in my test setup anyway, the guard cells are not filled correctly
at r=0. Here we have to take into account the special geometry, i.e. map
in reverse order the adjacent block. However, paramesh seems to happily
just copy.

Has anybody else noticed that? Coded a workaround or knows which flags
to set to avoid this?

Trying to be a bit more illustrative, if the row at r=0 is filled with
sequential numbers such as

G G G G G
1 2 3 4 5

Assuming only one block, with five gridpoints, the guardcells (G) should
be filled such that

5 4 3 2 1
1 2 3 4 5

But I only get

1 2 3 4 5
1 2 3 4 5

Of course, a bit more tricky with leafs and more blocks.

Many thanks for you time!

Regards,

Markus