[FLASH-USERS] Using FLASH with GDL

John ZuHone jzuhone at milkyway.gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Jun 28 11:42:33 EDT 2012

Amol,

I am not sure why it does not work with GDL, but I encourage you to check out the yt project, which is an analysis toolset for AMR data such as FLASH. It is Python-based and much more powerful and straightforward to use than the fidlr tools.

http://yt-project.org

I know it may require learning some Python, but in the long run it is very much worth it. There's lots of documentation on how to do some basic things and it handles FLASH data very well.

Best,

John ZuHone