[FLASH-USERS] Problem at refinement region boundary

dongwook at flash.uchicago.edu dongwook at flash.uchicago.edu
Fri Sep 21 13:19:02 EDT 2012

Hi Markus,

I have a look at the plots and they all seem to show some artifacts, even
for the result with the  Flash3.1 USM. In order to understand your problem
better, I'd like to ask you to send the following information to Klaus and
me:

(1) your setup line, and
(2) log files and par files for all four runs you mentioned in your last
email.

In the meantime, I'd like to suggest you perform the following tests:

(a) setup the four runs with uniform grid and see what happens, especially
check if
    (a)-1: you don't see the block-boundary artifacts in the four
different cases,
    (a)-2: you get similar density and temperature profiles for the four
different cases,
(b) setup the problem again without using your customized refinement routine,
(c) use the unsplit hydro solver not the unsplit staggered mesh solver in
FLASH4.0.

One last thing I'd like to ask you is that where did you get the private
3D version of FLASH3.1.1?

You can send log files and setup information to Klaus and myself without
sending them to the whole flash community.

Thanks,
Dongwook