[FLASH-USERS] Maclaurin test problem

Norbert Flocke flocke at flash.uchicago.edu
Wed Jul 17 16:05:39 EDT 2013

Hello Philip,

The MacLaurin test problem as it is currently in FLASH4 is outdated. It
has not been updated with the many changes that occured during the last 3
years. The MacLaurin unit test is the one that has been designed and used
for checking all new multipole ideas. It's main purpose for creation was
to get rid of all the other developments in eos, hydro, etc...that
happened in parallel and which could cause interference with the sole
testing of the multipole routines. The MacLaurin unit test uses a
customized driver routine that has been stripped off all the unnecessary
parts (like eos and hydro for example).

Hope this helps,
Norbert