[FLASH-USERS] cooling and heating in FLASH4?

Seyit Hocuk seyit at astro.rug.nl
Wed Oct 30 05:48:18 EDT 2013

Dear Kris,

I don't exactly remember how it was done in Flash2.5, that was long time
ago, but in Flash4, I use the terms
useCool = .True.
useHeat = .True.

You might run into problems with version differences from 2.5 to 4.
There are quite some differences.
There is the FLASH4_supplementary_units.tar.gz that you can download on
the Flash website, and probably Heat and Cool are there for Flash4. If
not there, it is surely in one of the earlier versions (F4-beta,
F4-alpha). Perhaps you can take those as a template and, if you had made
changes, implement your changes in the F4 version.

The way I implement in Config is the following
REQUIRES physics/sourceTerms/Cool/CoolMain/Radloss
REQUIRES physics/sourceTerms/Heat/HeatMain/ChemNetwUV # the last
subdirectory is from myself

Btw, they have to be called in Driver_sourceTerms.F90 and
Driver_initSourceTerms.F90
e.g.,
   call Heat(blockCount, blockList, dt, dr_simTime)
   call Cool(blockCount, blockList, dt, dr_simTime)

Seyit