[FLASH-USERS] Warnings while compiling Flash4.2.2?

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Mon Aug 11 15:38:05 EDT 2014

On Mon, 11 Aug 2014, Hava Turkakin wrote:

> Hi
> I am getting following warnings during flash4.2.2 compilation.
> Compilation ends with success, however, I am not sure if I should
> ignore these warnings or not. Can anyone help me understanding them?
>
> ***********************************************************************************************************
> mpi_unpack_tree_info.F90(58): #warning: illegal token on preprocessor
> directive line.
>
> ./make_release
> svn: warning: '../source' is not a working copy
> svn: warning: '../bin' is not a working copy
> ***********************************************************************************************************

You can ignore these warnings.

The warnings come from a script that tries to collect some source version
information (ultimately for writing to the log files of FLASH runs), by
calling 'svn status' an processing the output. This works under the
assumption that your source tree (and ../bin directory) are 'Subversion'
working copies, and fails otherwise - without ill effects, but
(apparently) sometimes with some warnings.

To make ./setup skip this attempt to collect version info:
Edit the file "RELEASE" (above the source directory level) to remove
the "${SVNBRIEF}" from the line.