[FLASH-USERS] How to add EOS_USERTYPE1 to speciesEosType

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Wed Dec 10 18:55:35 EST 2014

On Wed, 10 Dec 2014, pchang wrote:

> I am trying to add a customer EOS type myself. I found Flash leave
> "EOS_USERTYPE1" for user.
> In the config file, I have the following line:
>
> PARAMETER eos_chamEosType STRING "eos_gam"
> ["eos_tab","eos_gam","EOS_USERTYPE1"]
> PARAMETER eos_gasEosType STRING "eos_gam"
> ["eos_tab","eos_gam","EOS_USERTYPE1"]
> PARAMETER eos_targEosType STRING "eos_gam"
> ["eos_tab","eos_gam","EOS_USERTYPE1"]
>
> Therefore, I can use "EOS_USERTYPE1" in flash.par.
> However, speciesEosType = -1 after "Multispecies_getProperty" is called.
> I found in Eos.h, there is a line
> #define EOS_USERTYPE1 1001
> And if you print out EOS_USERTYPE1, you do get 1001.
>
> My question is, where do I specify EOS_USERTYPE1 = 1001 so that when it reads
> in "EOS_USERTYPE1", it transfers speciesEosType=1001?
> Thank you.

Po-Yu,

See the file RuntimeParameters_mapStrToInt.F90 for the handling of
"eos_gam" and "eos_tab".

Flash defines EOS_USERTYPE1 (and EOS_USERTYPE2) as placeholders,
but so far I don't know of any code that actually makes use of that
facility. So you are treading new ground. Hopefully you can model
you user-defined eos type on the existing handling for "eos_tab" and
"eos_gam".