[FLASH-USERS] Seg Fault in Optimized UHD Solver

Sean Couch smc at flash.uchicago.edu
Sat Dec 20 11:53:09 EST 2014

Hi James,

I tried a 3D Sedov with the same setup line (minus the +parallelIO) in 4.2.2 and I didn’t get a segfault.  The transOrder option is obsolete and should always be =1 in the code.  The fact that it even appears in the code anymore is vestigial.  I would suggest removing it from your Config file, then resetup without the -noclobber option.  It can sometimes cause strange behavior.

Sean

Sean M. Couch
Theoretical Astrophysics Including Relativity
California Institute of Technology
Mail Code 350-17
Pasadena, CA  91125
(626) 395-4282