[FLASH-USERS] Troubles with BDRY variable and UHD (FLASH4.2.1)

dongwook at flash.uchicago.edu dongwook at flash.uchicago.edu
Mon Mar 24 13:39:39 EDT 2014

Hi Morgan,

What you need is to initialize BDRY_VAR in your Simulation_initBlock.F90
properly, that is,

  BDRY_VAR to be -1.0 for gas (or fluid) cells,
  BDRY_VAR to be   1.0 for stationary solid cells.

Without this initialization, the code will assume BDRY_VAR initially zero
everywhere, and this will tell the hydro routines that everywhere is
treated as non-gas and hydro routines will skip all of the relevant
calculations on those cells. This is why the code crashes.

Please do this initialization and let me know how it works.

Best,
Dongwook
Dongwook Lee, Ph.D., Research Scientist
The Flash Center for Computational Science
The University of Chicago
5747 S. Ellis Ave., Room 319
Chicago, IL 60637
(773) 834-6830