[FLASH-USERS] RT flames in FLASH4

Dean Townsley Dean.M.Townsley at ua.edu
Mon Dec 21 09:34:29 EST 2015

Hi Raghunath,

I'm slightly unsure of your setup, but I believe the problem is that not
all of these pieces are made to work together out-of-the-box. The
currently implemented "laminar flame speed" units assume that there is
some composition (e.g. a scalar representing carbon fraction) defined on
the grid.  However the RTFlame simulation setup does not have a local
composition, since it is intended to be used with a simple fixed flame
speed (which is, for historical reasons, called the "constant flame
speed" unit).

If you could provide some more details I might be able to help you
more.  I'm unsure of what you are trying to do because what you have
said is slightly confusing.  The config file you provide is not a
complete one and you say you are trying to use the turbulent flame speed
but the TFI does not work in 1 dimension, but your setup command says -1d.

Cheers,
Dean