[FLASH-USERS] problem MHD Simulation_init and Simulation_initBlock

ivanildo amorim lima ivanildouaustm at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 3 14:39:34 EST 2015

Hello Flash usersI implemented a problem in flash about mhd (Annex Torrilhon) from BrioWu files.. I thought I had to just change the flash.par and config.par files, however the graphics only converged to the exact solution when I made the following changes (in bold) :

Simulation_init Line 93-98
elseif (NDIM .eq. 2) then             !sim_ycos = sqrt(1. - sim_xcos*sim_xcos) ! CONFIG ORIGINAL      !sim_zcos = 0.! CONFIG ORIGINAL     sim_ycos =0.       sim_zcos = 1.

Simulation_initBlock Line 141-146!Initialize cells to the left of the initial shock.           if (xxR .le. lposn) then              solnData(DENS_VAR,i,j,k)  = sim_rhoLeft              solnData(PRES_VAR,i,j,k)  = sim_pLeft              solnData(VELX_VAR,i,j,k)  = sim_uLeft * sim_xcos            solnData(VELY_VAR,i,j,k)  = sim_vLeft  * sim_ycos ! CONFIG ORIGINAL              solnData(VELY_VAR,i,j,k)  = sim_vLeft              solnData(VELZ_VAR,i,j,k)  = sim_wLeft * sim_zcos

Someone had any problems like that? It is normal to have to change the configuration in simulation_init and simulation_initblock files to implement new problems?
This may be a bug in Flash?