[FLASH-USERS] Two questions from a newbie, thanks!

Di Sheng disheng222 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 18:08:12 EST 2015

Hi everyone,
I am a newbie of FLASH. I ran into the following problems which already
bothered me for a long while. Could any one answer any one of them? many
thanks!

1. How to deal with "Assertion `dataset >= 0' failed"?

"./setup -auto Cellular" success, and "make" is also successful. However,
when I run "mpirun -np 1 flash4", it shows the following errors:

HDF5-DIAG: Error detected in HDF5 (1.8.14) thread 0:
  #000: H5Ddeprec.c line 178 in H5Dcreate1(): not a location ID
    major: Invalid arguments to routine
    minor: Inappropriate type
  #001: H5Gloc.c line 253 in H5G_loc(): invalid object ID
    major: Invalid arguments to routine
    minor: Bad value
flash4: io_h5create_dataset.c:57: io_h5create_dataset: Assertion `dataset
>= 0' failed.

Program received signal SIGABRT: Process abort signal.

The same situation goes to the "Jeans" application (SimulationMain/Jeans).

2. As for MGDInfinite, I setup it as follows:
./setup -auto MGDInfinite -1d +hdf5typeio +mtmmmt +mgd +uhd3t
-with-unit=physics/materialProperties/Opacity/OpacityMain/Constant
species=xe mgd_meshgroups=4 parallelIO=FALSE

Then, I add the following lines to the flash.par:
sim_xeMassFrac = 1

eos_xeEosType = "eos_tab"
eos_xeSubType = "ionmix4"
eos_xeTableFile = "xe-100grp-lte.imx"

However, when I run "mpirun -np 1 flash4", I got errors as follows:

 [eos_tabBrowseIonmix4Tables] IONMIX4 file found: xe-100grp-lte.imx

 in eos_inittabulated, tableName = xe-100grp-lte.imx
 in eos_inittabulated, groupName = -none-
At line 158 of file eos_tabReadIonmix4Tables.F90 (unit = 7, file =
'xe-100grp-lte.imx')
Fortran runtime error: Bad value during integer read