[FLASH-USERS] 2D +spherical point mass AND self-gravity question

Norbert Flocke flocke at flash.uchicago.edu
Tue May 5 09:32:42 EDT 2015

Hello Ivo,

The new multipole solver does NOT support additional point mass. This is a
feature that remains to be implemented. The old multipole solver does
support an additional point mass, however the old code is outdated and has
some numerical flaws, so you have to use it at your own risk. I think that
Sean Couch (at Caltech right now) implemented his local version of the new
multipole solver with additional point mass as an option, so probably you
should contact him. Right now I simply don't have the time to add this
additional feature to FLASH's official new multipole solver. Maybe in the
future sometime, when my workload is a bit less and there is sufficient
demand for the point mass option.

Best regards,
Norbert