[FLASH-USERS] Question / potential bug in EOS

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Mon Nov 9 14:17:38 EST 2015

On Mon, 9 Nov 2015, pchang wrote:

> Hi Dean,
> Thank you. The number seems to be reasonable. I thought by turning off the
> radiation, I don't need to worry about the radiation pressure. But I guess I
> am wrong.

Hello Po-Yu,

If you really want to completely neglect radiation, you should be able to
set radiation temperature and/or radiation specific energy to 0 (or
something very small). In particular, you should do this in
Simulation_initBlock for a simulation or, if you are just using or testing
individual Eos() calls directly, in the eosData array.

Then, as long as you do not invoke anything that tranfers energy between
matter components and radiation - such as the RadTrans unit, or Eos
with modes like MODE_DENS_EI_SCATTER or MODE_DENS_TEMP_EQUIV - the
radiation pressures and energies should remain negligible.